Oct 12, 2010

To materialism and beyond!

Who wouldn't love buying things? ... Okay, that was a rhetorical question. Anyway, most people would agree that owning things it quite nice. At least when they are new, in one piece and not in your way.

Materialism topic 1: Yesterday I finally got around to buying a new cellphone - the last one was literally dying in my arms. So I bought the phone that matched best to my strict criteria: 1) cheap 2) not ugly 3) comes is a nice colour, and most importantly 4) has a place for a cellphone strap. You see, I'm not a big fan of cellphone jewelry, but this summer is bought the most awesome strap from the Helsinki airport, as you can see in the left. Mörkö rocks!

Materialism topic 2: Today I went to buy a warm cap, because I couldn't find any in my flat and my brain was freezing as I cycled to school this morning. Anyway, I walked past the toy section, and what did I see! A Buzz Lightyear! I real-size Buzz Lightyear! Would it be too embarrassing to ask one for Christmas, haha? I wouldn't play with it (much), just put it on my shelf to 'complete my room' (as they said about the bowl in Remember Me). And it freaking SPEAKS! Buzz Lightyear to the rescue! It speaks Finnish though. Anyway. I haven't been this excited about a toy since those awesome Darth Vader helmets!


Anyway, now I'll go maybe eat my sixth joulutorttu. My roommate baked lots today and aaah aren't they heavenly! Then we lit some candles. And maybe played some Christmas carrols on Youtube, but I'm not telling you that because that's slightly embarrassing. It's never too early to start Christmas, right? After all, it's only two months away...

3 comments:

Marja said...

Oh wow! A Buzz Lightyear toy!! And it talks!! (albeit in finnish)! I-want-one-I-want-one!!

Leena said...

Haha, mä voin ostaa ton sulle joululahjaksi! :D

Mullakin on muuten uusi puhelin, vanhat syötiin hajalle...

Eeva said...

Marja: I know! It's super cool!

Leena: Joo! :D:D