Feb 18, 2011

I'm coming, Dorothy!


Howdy, folks. It's been a bit quiet here in my blog for some days now. Actually, the whole month has been a bit unusual. I have seen so few films I'm a bit ashamed of myself! And though some of them have been very good ones, I haven't managed to write posts about them. There's been school and stuff and school and other, um, distractions. So, with a promise that this blog will NOT turn into a personal diary anytime soon, here is one more post about everything besides movies. Please bear with me.

So, today I learned that I will be spending next autumn term (well, I guess I should now learn to say 'fall term') in the Emporia State University. In Kansas. In the United States. Of America. Oh my! I've never been in the States (in fact, I've never been outside Europe), so I'm more excited than I can even say. Though I'm still waiting for the news to really sink in. That'll take some time. Meanwhile, I'll keep randomly freaking out, and continue the failed attempts to study for an approaching exam and to finish the essay that was due a week ago.

But yeah. Kansas, baby. I promised a friend I'll read Wizard of Oz in the plane. Maybe that'll help me survive that painfully long flight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, congrats!! Sounds too good, haven't been to the US either but Kansas.. It sure must be a whole different world from Northern Europe. An adventure~

June said...

Congrats! Wow, Kansas should really be an extraordinary experience :) I'm not that into the whole US culture and everything (been to Florida twice), but of course the mighty nation is probably something really worth experiencing.

Eeva said...

Thanks, both of you! :) It really should be quite an adventure. The town is pretty small, I've heard, and not the most exciting place in the world, but I guess that's what you call the 'real America'. Though I'm hoping to travel a lot and see the other America, too. :D