Jun 23, 2011

Cry, baby, cry...

This week on Movie Monday... tearjerkers! I can be a real cry baby when watching movies. Often I have phases when I'm more prone to burst into tears during a moving or shocking or, sometimes, completely casual scene. Some quaranteed tearjerkers of mine are The Green Mile (the final execution), Titanic (Nearer My God To Thee), Toy Story 3 (Andy and his toys in the end, duh) and Billy Elliot (only during the phases, though).

Also, some documentaries I've watched recently (Bowling for Columbine and Nuit et brouillard) made me weep so bad it almost hurt. Reality is painful!
 

My biggest tearjerker still has to be Schindler's List. I rewatched it a few months ago (right after watching Nuit et brouillard, by the way; geez, did I cry myself sore that day!) and it hit me so much harder that it did the first time I watched it several years earlier. Getting older makes you soft! Schindler's List is such an exhausting yet amazing watching experience; your eyes never dry because the emotionally charged scenes are frequent and intense. Approximately half way through I was almost forced to have a break due to the overwhelming stream of tears.

Even though the whole film is a constant parade of weeping, the single most tearjerking scene has to be, in addition to the final scene, all the stuff with the girl in the red coat. Oh dear, oh dear...

*

P.S. GUESS WHO'S GOING TO LONDON TOMORROW AND TO SEE THE GLEE LIVE! CONCERT ON SUNDAY OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! (Unless I face some more hardship and everything goes wrong some more. Expect either a hysterically happy or a hysterically depressed post next week... The title will be either "Kill me now so I can die happy" or just "Kill me now".)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could watch this only once, not gonna watch this again; yes, it's too sad..

Anzi said...

I haven't seen this movie since it came out. A great film, and very sad. It even made my dad cry.

June said...

Great choices.. Documentaries always hit hard but movies can surely do that too.

I'm turning green because of the Glee show! HAVE FUN!!!!

Eeva said...

Ursula: Yep, it's definitely not one of those films you feel like watching every other day. But I've seen it twice now and will see it again. Just not any time soon...

Anzi: I think there's something wrong with a person if Schindler's List doesn't make them cry. Or at least VERY emotional...

bubble: I DID! :D