Aug 4, 2011

The Boy With The Bread, come to life


I'm getting steadily more and more excited about next March and The Hunger Games film. I will positively piss myself when the first teaser trailer comes along. Which could be relatively soon, actually, maybe even within a month, as they've already filmed all the stuff in the arena and District 12, and are currently in the Capitol. Holy cow. Merely the thought gives me goosebumps.

I know this Entertainment Weekly article with the exclusive pictures of the Hunger Games cast and the set came out ages/weeks ago, but only now I happened to stumble across an online version of the text (as I said a couple of hours ago when posting to my other blog, anything to keep me from having to pack). It's a nice read, building around an interview of Josh Hutcherson, playing my beloved Peeta in the film version.

I never really doubted his ability to bring Peeta to life in a way that appeals to me. There are actors that I immediately like, and those I don't (and yeah, those I'm first undetermined about and sometimes grow to like). With Hutcherson it was love at first sight, so to speak. When they annouced the casting, there was an instant YES. I saw Peeta in there somewhere. Josh has just the right kind of innocent charm and warmth in him. And now that he has that gorgeous blond hair, he even looks the part. I have a feeling he will be a perfect Peeta, for me, at least.

-- he seems like the rare young guy whom the spotlight will not singe. "I know it's going to be a big change, but I think if you go about it in the right way, you can still have your privacy," he says. "You got to just keep on trucking and make sure you're always being true to yourself." He laughs and gives the table a happy bang of his fist. "Which is so funny because - God bless America! - that's exactly what Peeta would say."

That's right. That's my Peeta.

2 comments:

Noora said...

I bought the first Hunger Games book months and months ago, but only this week I actually managed to start reading it. Didn't take very long for me to finish the book and now I can actually start waiting for the movie version, but I'm still not very super thrilled about Hunger Games... Yet, perhaps? :D Oh well, we'll see. After all, it's me we're talking about...

Eeva said...

Haa! Mun onkin pitäny suositella näitä sulle, aattelin että tää vois olla just sun juttu. Oho, kirjotan suomeksi. :D Anyways. So you've now read the first one? The other two are pretty good, too, though not as good, or addictive, as the first one. Still much recommended! Brace yourself, I will interrogate you about the subject on Saturday, haha... ;)